The lifting constructions diagnostics department of Technical supervision Company “DIEKS” ” takes measures to expert inspection of elevators of all types (passenger elevators, freight elevators, freight-passenger elevators, bed elevators, dumbwaiters, etc.), and also technical checkup of elevators and travelators.
Expert inspection (technical diagnosis) is held in order to define the technical state of equipment, the opportunity, practicability, terms and time limits of its safe exploitation, and also in order to define the necessity of maintenance, reconstruction and removing from service.
Expert inspection of equipment is held in following cases:
- The end of service limit.
- Reconstruction (of reequipment) or modernization.
- Accidents or damages in order to define the opportunity of renewment.
- The revelation of mechanical or corrosion wear, permanent deformation, cracks, other damages of components, details and their elements exceeding the limit during the technical diagnosis.
- In other cases in accordance with current national income requirements or initiative of employer.
Expert inspection of equipment is held in accordance with requirements of instructional guidelines, developed and approved according to the established procedure.
There are special local requirements providing work performances of expert inspection of cargo cranes and elevators in Ukraine.