Quality management system (QMS) of organization as one of the management tools, gives confidence to top management of the organization and its customers that the organization is able to supply products that fully complies with the requirements (necessary quality in the required amount for a set period of time, at a cost of installed resources).
Implementing the requirements of ISO 9001 and certification for compliance with these requirements are voluntary.
Advantages of developing and implementing QMS:
- Ensuring transparency of internal processes.
- Improved handling of the organization by clear lines of authority and responsibilities of personnel involved in the implementation process.
- Improving the efficiency of management decisions, based on objective information on the functioning of the quality management system.
- Continuous improvement of the organization's processes, improve their management.
- Increased staff motivation through transparency and clarity of performed duties.
- Improving the quality of products (services rendered).
- Increased production efficiency by reducing costs.
- Improving the competitiveness of products due to the evidence base for analysis.
Advantages of certification QMS:
- Additional benefits for participation in tenders and competitions, as well as at the conclusion of agreements and contracts.
- Increased the confidence of the investment and insurance companies.
- Increased confidence on the part of law firms for legal protection of interests of organization in the event of any claims by the consumers.
- Improving the image of the organization.
- Contributes to enter the global market.
- Improving the competitiveness of organization.
Main stages of development and implementation QMS:
- Conduct diagnostic evaluation of existing quality management system processes.
- Conduct staff training with principles of ISO 9000.
- Description of the main and auxiliary processes, definition of the organizational structure, responsibilities.
- Development of QMS documentation.
- Implementation of QMS.
- Conducting internal audit. Identify the audit discrepancies, taking corrective and preventive actions to eliminate inconsistencies.
- QMS certification. Support during the certification audit of the quality management system.
Our experts will provide consulting assistance when preparing your company for passing the certification audit in the chosen certification authority.
Certificate of compliance with the standard is issued for 3 years, with an annual supervisory audit conducted to verify compliance with the requirements of the management system.